Friday, February 22, 2008

Day 22

So incase you haven't been around us the last 24 hours you haven't missed all that much. We're making the most of this off day and totally relaxing. There have still been some pretty cool things happening, so I'll fill you in.

Last night after the library we all took some alone time for about 20 minutes. Andy went to CVS to pick up some soap and look for post-cards, I went to Jacks for a frosty cookies and cream milkshake, and Ken made his way back to the motel. We met back up at the motel and pretended to watch the Democratic Debate. It took about 20 seconds for Andy to figure out how things worked, one person says something and people clap, then someone else says something and everyone claps. It really didn't matter what they said, there were a few times people clapped when the candidates didn't even make points, it was completely inappropriate. After that we flipped around and iced our injuries.

This morning we woke up to a call from the motel management, telling us if we needed new towels we had to bring them our used ones. We were all in bed and none of us wanted to get up, Kens first words of the day were "Durkin you do it you're the fastest", I swear its a curse some times. Soon after that we were all up and found The Butterfly Effect on FX. It was my first time seeing it, it was alright. I'm bothered by the fact that it doesn't really have a moral or anything (if it does please explain it to me).

We then made our way back to Pearsons for lunch. Some of the locals who were there yesterday were there again and we talked to them about the history of Aliceville.

After another delicious meal we made our way back to the same library as yesterday. It was then I was told I had to write an update about a day where nothing really happened.

I got an e-mail from my college coach that said we're on the front page of www.letsrun.com which is pretty cool.

Other than that I've been e-mailing and trying to figure out my future. I really want to start coaching at a college somewhere starting in the fall, or get a graduate degree, or volunteer somewhere abroad, or become a pirate, who knows.

Also Ken wants a BMW waiting for him when we get to San Diego, we figure some one reading this Blog can make that happen, I dare you to!

That’s all for now, see ya'll in Mississippi!!

-Durkin

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There is a Cross COuntry Position at Gordon College in Barnesville GA open.

Just thought that I would get you started

Anonymous said...

I don't know what I can do about a BMW, but Gerry Elliott mentioned something about a beat up Ford Mustang...

Keep up the good work guys.

-Mulveynation

Unknown said...

I did not realize you guys were so into BMW's or I would have let you drive mine when you were in Columbus. Oh, well, maybe next time.